Rothberg Chemical Engineering Scholars Award
Students pursuing degrees in chemical engineering with strong academic records who
have been involved in high school and community leadership will be selected to receive
Henry M. Rothberg Bicentennial Scholarships. Scholarship levels can be up to $16,000
(i.e., up to $4,000 per year) depending on the qualifications of the student, with
typical awards in the $4,000 - $8,000 range ($1,000-$2,000 per year). Contact:
Department of Chemical Engineering
College of Engineering and Computing
University of South Carolina
Columbia, SC 29208
Program Educational Objectives
Within six years of graduation, our graduates are expected to achieve one or more of the following milestones:
- Advance professionally in the chemical process industries or in their chosen career field.
- Earn advanced degrees in chemical engineering (or a related technical discipline), medicine, law, or business.
- Attain leadership positions in today's rapidly changing, increasingly technological, global society.
- Ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, chemistry, and engineering in chemical engineering practice.
- Understanding of chemical engineering science fundamentals.
- Ability to design a chemical engineering system, unit, or chemical process to meet desired needs.
- Ability to design and conduct laboratory experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data using factorial design methods.
- Ability to use chemical process simulators and other techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for chemical engineering practice.
- Ability to present technical material through oral presentations with visual aids.
- Ability to present technical material including analysis and conclusions through technical reports.
- Ability to work in multi-functional teams.
- Ability to find information and to learn independently.
- Understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Awareness of economic, political, and social issues.
- Ability to comprehend the topics and ideas of familiar subjects in a foreign language.